Friday, June 16, 2023

Staying Our Minds on Jesus




 If we leave our quiet time with the Lord without taking Him with us, we are the losers. I know this from experience. I'd have a wonderful time in the Word and in prayer, leave my room assured I was loved and heard. Then forget all about it within 30 minutes because of problems that arise or people I needed to talk to or things that needed my attention "right now!" The Bible tells us "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you." This is where the battle takes place--staying the mind on Jesus come what may. But I've found if I simplify my life, live at a slower pace, take "time-out" moments to reconnect with God, maybe by keeping a meaningful verse on an index card and reading it slowly, I have a better awareness of God with me. I'm a happier person. I don't strive so hard. And my priorities stay aligned. God wants to help us get our lives in order making our top priority walking with Him, abiding in Him. I'd like to encourage you to keep Scripture meaningful to you handy--on index cards, post-it notes, whatever works for you. We need our minds humbly and prayerfully stayed on Jesus. With all the anger, unrest, and havoc in this world, He is our peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment